I recently finished scrapbooking all my pictures starting from the SPRING of 2003 when I graduated at EHS, all the way to Costa Rica last summer before Becca was born. I no longer print pictures, i've been keeping them organized on my computer and now I need help! Where does one begin with online scrapbooking? Do you all have Adobe? Are you creating pages online, and printing each page, then putting them in books? Are you buying the pre-made books? What kind? Padded or Hard? Are you using Shutterfly, Blurb, Crop Mom or what?? How much are you spending? I need help! I want to get Rebecca's whole first year done before her birthday next month. Any and ALL advice is welcome.Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Those Days are OVER!
Printing pictures once a month, photo organizing boxes, paper, stickers, stencils, glue, glue and more glue... I have had enough! No more sloppy table in the corner of my house. Old School scrapbooking days over OVER!
I recently finished scrapbooking all my pictures starting from the SPRING of 2003 when I graduated at EHS, all the way to Costa Rica last summer before Becca was born. I no longer print pictures, i've been keeping them organized on my computer and now I need help! Where does one begin with online scrapbooking? Do you all have Adobe? Are you creating pages online, and printing each page, then putting them in books? Are you buying the pre-made books? What kind? Padded or Hard? Are you using Shutterfly, Blurb, Crop Mom or what?? How much are you spending? I need help! I want to get Rebecca's whole first year done before her birthday next month. Any and ALL advice is welcome.
I recently finished scrapbooking all my pictures starting from the SPRING of 2003 when I graduated at EHS, all the way to Costa Rica last summer before Becca was born. I no longer print pictures, i've been keeping them organized on my computer and now I need help! Where does one begin with online scrapbooking? Do you all have Adobe? Are you creating pages online, and printing each page, then putting them in books? Are you buying the pre-made books? What kind? Padded or Hard? Are you using Shutterfly, Blurb, Crop Mom or what?? How much are you spending? I need help! I want to get Rebecca's whole first year done before her birthday next month. Any and ALL advice is welcome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I've been doing my mission pics on blurb. I like it because it alows you to do longer books (I took way too many pictures) and I've been pretty impressed with it. Some get to be too expensive!! But I don't know if it's the best option for short smaller books. I haven't looked around for a while.
I have a good friend who teaches Digital Scrapbooking classes. I will ask her all this and let you know. She's a professional.
I guess my days aren't over. I've only recently made my life easier by uploading pictures to photoworks.com and having them shipped to my address rather than going to wal mart and having them developed (which takes a lot more effort). But I am a little bit old-school so I am all about the glue, stickers, and captions and cute paper. But I can see the advantages to digital scrapbooking.
I started doing digital scrapbooking as well ... so much easier and you can reuse all the materials. It is very time consuming, though. I have a bunch of websites on the right side of my blog where you can get free digital scrapbooking materials, which is nice. I did a baby book for Kate, but I didn't have enough time to dedicate in order to make it work. Now for our family pictures I use Picasa (free program you can download) to make picture collages, then I open the collages in Photoshop and add text. Then I print out the pages and put in an 8x8 album. MUCH easier and less time consuming than doing actual digital scrapbooking, but I still use some of their papers, etc. This probably doesn't make any sense, but oh well.
I am in the same boat as you Monica! I haven't touched old-school scrapbooking in 5 years, but all of my digital photos are just piling up on my computer. When you figure things out please do a post on it for those of us that need the same information!
I use blurb for some of my wedding albums. They can be really nice. I just depends how much time and money you want to spend. I really like them. They are easy to use.
I use adobe elements and create scarpbook pages. I use frebie paper and alphas that I download online. (I use ikeagoddess.blogspot.com to find free stuff). So far I have only done enough to print one book. I think I want to print 12X12 books through costco (you just drop your completed page into the layout you don't have to use yours). So far it is fun and I still get to be more creative than the sites that you have to follow their layouts. I;ll have to show you the year book I made for Jackson . . .
Post a Comment