Thursday, September 3, 2009

Yard Sales 2009

Something about a crisp saturday morning, driving around frantically, and trying to beat all the other desperate cheapskates like me gives me a thrill each and every summer. Here are this years finds.....
For 26 dollars, I got all this.... our own pack and play, (FINALLY) Thanks mom and Jamie for lending us yours all the time. Life Jacket, Backyard swing, blocks, and a BIKE SEAT! I am so excited about that one. I can finally ride with Becca.
A new mirror for the wall above our piano.

A crib for Rebecca. You are probably thinking, don't you already have a crib? The answer is yes. Dave thought I was crazy for doing this, but I found this brand new crib (with a mattress, and everything!) It was a sweet deal, and I LOVED that it was white, so I bought it, and sold our old one. It sold in 22 hours! I actually MADE $25 on this transaction! :)

Random Clothes for Becca at a quarter a piece. There are more, but they are stained already, and in the wash. Good thing I only spent a quarter on them!

And last of all, here is my dresser I've been working on. (Pretty much ALL Summer) I had some major work to do on the drawers, but I finally finished it on monday! Now it's actually in my bedroom, working as a dresser! I'm so happy to have the project completed. I love this dresser. It came from "grannie's house" in Provo. It has an old fashioned Radio in between the top 2 drawers. SWEET, huh?
**Just in case you're wondering, I used scrapblog.com to add text and backgrounds to these pictures. I semi like it, but not enough to commit all of my scrapbooking endeavors to the program. I am still looking. I'll let you know what I find!

8 comments:

Jessica F. said...

I love every single part of this post! You are too funny. Way to go. Deals are the best!!!

Maren and Blake said...

You got some great deals. Garage sales are the best!

dani said...

good job! the crib is so cute:)

Josh and Laura said...

Nice finds!!!

Amy Miller said...

Bravo! Awesome finds. This post is so inspiring for me!

Blake and Jenn said...

That is awesome. It was fun seeing you (I think you were actually heading to that garage sale) the other Saturday. That dresser is incredible...and I love the radio in the middle! We need to get together-we live so close!!

Jamie said...

I'm salivating over that dresser. So hip. And the crib? Why did you not tell me about this all sooner? We need to be friends again, k?

I love love love it all! You're my kind of woman.

Taneill said...

Monica to answer your question about the photo collages you go to photoscape.com or .net not sure which it is, but you can download their free program. Then under the page option you can make the collages. It is a nice program to have and bonus cause it is free. Hope you get this message!