Any suggestions on brands, types, quality? etc...? I've used a baby bjorn until now, but becca is killing my shoulders when I wear her on the front. She's too big! Have any of you purchased a back carrier? What kind should I get? I don't need anything fancy, just comfy is all.
8 comments:
Monica, I don't know about frame carries, but I totally agree with you when it comes to Bjorns (I stopped using one with Will when he was 3 months old). I have a Beco, which can be worn on front or back, and carries the weight on your hips instead of your shoulders and back. I really like it, and I used it a lot hiking and stuff when we are on vacation. It is a lot like the Ergo baby carrier.
I am looking for something similiar. I will use your advice if that's ok.
My sister has one of those cloth slings and she takes Madison in that everywhere. Madison is 2 years old and she is still using it.
I have a plain, boring backpack in my car. You can borrow it anytime until you find one you want to buy! I have a Kelty backpack with a sun cover etc.. and we have loved it.
I am in need also so let me know what you find out!
Is the bjorn versatile so that you can convert it into a back carrier?
Monica!!! It has been too long! I just found your blog through Candace. Your little Rebecca is beautiful and I bet you are the greatest mom ever! I sure miss you and hope that life is treating you well. I added you to my blog so check it out: jeffandkira.blogspot.com
we have an ergo baby carrier- carries large babies and even toddlers apparently although i havent put ambrose in it in a LONG time so i cant personally vouch for that...
but when he was becca's age and a little older it seriously worked like a charm - and i even hauled his chubby self all over disneyland in it with no problems.
good luck finding what works best for you!
Post a Comment