Valentines day can be celebrated in a variety of ways.....
I collected some pictures to display the diversity of tokens of love that were given in the Shields Family this year.
I collected some pictures to display the diversity of tokens of love that were given in the Shields Family this year.
Marcus
What a cute husband.... their first valentines day. He takes the high road and buys Natalie a beautiful bouquet of roses, lilies, and even gave her candy. How adorable!Jeff, Danny and Brett
They decided they would all venture to Costco together and figure something out. By the time they exited the store, they had a tub of red vines licorice, a box of dunford chocolate donuts, a pack of grapefruits, and a dozen roses. Then they came home (forcing their wives to go downstairs as they "set up.") This is what they came up with! Donut vases.... with licorice all torn up to look like confetti. Ha! Haley, Teresa, and my Mom literally laughed the entire day!
Then there's cute Dave.... 3rd Valentines Day
He got me these flowers. Birds of paradise were a flower we saw a ton of on our vacation to costa rica last summer. They are so unique and funky! But flowers seemed all too normal, so he decided a trip to bed bath and beyond could spice up his gift. That is how I ended up with the Snuggie pictured below. Click on the link to get one for yourself! We have joked a ton about how stupid these are. (I have watched a lot of late night informercials ever since becca was born......)
The best part is it came with a free book lamp! Score!
Haha... Valentines day can be overrated sometimes, but this year I got quite a laugh out of it all.
You may be wondering what any of the girls did for the gentlemen above..... who knows!?! Jamie and I made platters of treats and embarrassed our husbands at work with them. haha. It was fun to cook all the treats, Check out Jamie's blog for some pictures, I didn't take any. :)
K- this is officially the longest post ever, so I am going to stop... NOW!
15 comments:
You didn't really express your feelings on the snuggie. I have always seen it on tv, but am not convinced. What do you think?
Wow Mono! They should put YOU on the infomercial!! :)
P.S. Let's get together soon! What do you have going on this week?
Oh I love the creativity...AND the free reading lamp. You did score big time!
Mono, I am still laughing at that infomercial, even though I've seen it a ton too! It's hilarious! Now please take yours to various sporting events and cheer in the bleechers with it on! :) That's some true love, Dave. We miss you guys--glad you had a memorable Valentine's Day.
That Snuggie is awesome! Mitch and I make fun of those too, I think the people in the infomercials make them look like monks, but you actually pull it off quite nicely!
i want a snuggie now! When we move in next week i am for sure going to borrow it, ha ha!
ha ha love it!!!
I think we could all use a snuggie with this cold weather! I bet you won't forget this Valentines Day - but most people will forget flowers!
I love it. For some reason the trip to costco (and it's outcome) doesn't surprise me... but I am impressed. And your picture looks like it came straight from the commercial! Do you like it?
I love that you got a snuggie. I told Dan and we both just laughed. I have to chuckle every time those commercials come on. All of these are very creative ideas! Love the donut vases, etc.
Oh the snuggie is amazing! You guys need to come to AZ! Becca is so darling!
i am so jealous.... i have seen the snuggie commercials many times and have almost been lured by the promise of a free reading lamp!
how come I just found your blog?!? Hilarious valentines day . . . I can't believe I know someone who really bought the snuggie! Do you like it?
oh my gosh! that is too funny! i just saw the snuggli and i laughed so hard!!!
Post a Comment