Thursday, July 7, 2011

I spy a penny....

in my 2 year old's tummy. Yup. It's true.

We are volunteering at This is the Place State Park again this year. One of the games we play at the park is Button, button who's got the button. Last night after dinner Becca wanted to play and she grabbed a penny to use as the "button." After a thrilling game, we were all sitting on our bed talking and the next thing you know Becca starts bawling, and after she calms down, she tells us, "I swallowed it!!!" Dave and I both say back, "swallowed WHAAAT??" and then she breaks the news, "the PENNY."

AHHH! We called the doctor and next thing you know we're at the insta-care checking her oxygen levels and breathing patterns. They took an x ray to make sure it made it to her stomach, and there it is! So, "what happens now?" you may be asking yourself. Nothing! We wait for it to come out. Ew...... Wish me luck.

5 comments:

Simper Family said...

LOL.. Erik told me this last night, but the story coming from you, makes it all the better. This will definitely be a memory to relive for all of you in the years to come.

Amanda said...

Silly Becca. Guess what, I swallowed a nickel when I was little. Grosses me out to think about money in my mouth. Yuck! haha Such a funny girl.

Katie said...

Such a funny story!

Jessica F. said...

Oh man! Good luck.

Maren and Blake said...

This is a great story to hold onto when she's dating! I hope is comes out ok.