Wednesday, October 30, 2013

October

Hannah is 8 months old! She is so proud of her new trick, standing up in her crib. What a happy girl! 




Dave and his brothers/dad went to priesthood downtown. Becca got her cast OFF. Dave and his sister Sara recorded a CD. It's amazing! You can buy one here


Becca turned 5! For her birthday she wanted to take her cousins to Hollywood Connection. She has 2 Shields and 2 Bauman cousins her age. (all boys!) So we picked them all up and had an afternoon of fun riding rides and playing mini golf. 


Next up was Bear Lake! We have the greatest friends from my Utah State college days. This year we planned a trip together. We rented out a 7 bedroom house for the weekend and enjoyed staying up late and playing games each night.

* I asked Becca the other day if she wants to go on a mission. She said "no" very abruptly and I was surprised. When I asked why she said "Because I want to go to college so I can have lots of friends like you!"  I was pleased to let her know, she could do both! 


Lastly, we went to California! Dave was taking his 10th (!) business trip for the year and we wanted in on the fun.He had 2 days of meetings in Santa Monica, so we stayed there and played for the week. We swam and played at the hotel. 



Spent a day with Uncle Derek at Redondo Beach. 




Went to Disneyland! 



Played at Muscle Beach and ate dinner on the Santa Monica Pier. 



Visited Griffith Park and rode the train/ponies. We ate lunch and the only restaurant there, a vegan cafe. Oh, so memorable! 

A fun filled month! 

No comments: