Sunday, March 31, 2013

March

We started out the month celebrating our cute Allison's 2nd Birthday. It's crazy that she is only 2! Last month, she seemed like our baby and now that we have Hannah, she seems all grown up. It is so fun to hear all the cute lines she says every day. Allison LOVES babies,  animals, dress ups, reading books and primary songs. Oh my, does she love primary songs. She sings on and off through the entire day with her cute little raspy voice. She loves to climb up on the piano bench and pound away as she sings, "I'm trying to be like Jesus". 

We celebrated by having both sets of grandparents over for a birthday dinner. She couldn't quite capture the idea of blowing the candles out, so we re-lit and kept trying. What patient grandparents  we have. :) After she was all finished with her lemon poppyseed cake (piled with berries and cream) she passed the empty plate to Dave and said, "I don't like a dat cake. " Oh really? Then who polished off your serving?!? What a little sass, we love you Allison!

Dave was out of town, first to New York and then Peru (for work meetings.) He stayed a few extra days in Lima to visit Machu Piccu. Looks amazing, right?!?
When he got home from traveling for 10 days, the 4 of us girls needed a break!! I had been staying at home (due to RSV season) because I didn't want Hannah to get sick. We ventured to downtown Salt Lake for a little staycation! 

Some highlights: 
-Dave's luggage getting lost on the way home, so they delivered it to the hotel. The girls loved their hats and finger puppets he brought them. I love my knock-off north face jacket!
-Swimming @ the Pool. The girls had so much fun in the water.
-Buffet Breakfast
-Meeting "Marriot Club" friends who let us in on their late night dessert buffet. YUMMY! 
- Allison's obsession with her "toe-buggies"


Here are some shots I took of the girls one morning in Hannah's bedroom. The morning sun is perfect for taking pictures. As I look at these I begin to think, "whose kids are these?" and "when did we get 3 children?" It's crazy how fast we are growing up!!! I wouldn't trade these cute girls for anything in the world. I love being their Mom. 


Some other events in March were documented with good ole' cell phone shots! 

-St. Patricks Day Dinner
-Lots of afternoon art projects
-Playing with dress ups
-An afternoon at the zoo (Hannah stayed with Grandma)
-Becca's reward trip to get an ice cream cone. She is my VERY best helper!
-Playing in the snow
-Sewing aprons for the girls
-LOTS and LOTS of snuggling with baby Hannah






2 comments:

Marcus Lane said...

Bring these girlies to WA please!!

dannyhaley said...

Loving all these blog posts!!! Your girls are too cute.