Drive Inn, Car Hops, 50's style.
You should have been there.
My calling at church is Activity Days (8-12 year old girls).
We had the best night, so I thought I'd share.
- It all started with the Drive Inn. They pulled up to the stalls (marked with a crush soda, and a balloon)
- The Car Hops (AKA: 4 really cute, fun, young women) went out into the snow and welcomed them. They gave the dads and daughters a conversation menu ( Questions to ask each other, and things to talk about) and then they took their drink orders. (IBC or CRUSH)
- Then they were served dinner in their cars. Weird, right? But NO! Not at all. It forced them to talk to each other. Once they came inside the girls talked with the girls, dads with dads.
- After dinner, (b-b-que chicken sandwiches, chips, veggies all served in a red/white checkered tray) they came inside and the party began.
- There were some awesome outfits!!! We made the 12 girls poodle skirts. These are the 4 that I made.
- The dads were funny. Some were way into it, others just went with the flow. See below, penny loafers! You like 'em? Haha... Another dad literally had a comb in his back pocket. A little awkward to be photographing, but it was funny.
- We decorated with old beatles records from my parents basement.
The inside activities consisted of a bubble gum blowing contest, jump roping, hopskotch, making malts, (with a vintage malt machine!) partner dancing, and daddy/daughter pictures on the motorcycle.

We had a great night!



8 comments:
This is the cutest idea. I am in YW right now. Do you think this would be too young for them? We have a lot of girls who need to have more bonding opportunities with their dads. I would love some insight. So cute!
geesh, you are fancy!!
That is super cute! I just got called to Activity Days...any more ideas? No really. I don't know what I am doing! mariloukent@yahoo.com
Heck yes we did!!!!!
what a great idea!
Ok, Thats adorable!
I am so glad you posted this. I think it is awesome. And you were asking ME for party ideas? Sheesh!
Love! Such a cute idea! I want to be one of the girls in your AD group :)
Post a Comment