Dave's work took us on a trip to Pelican Hill about a week and a half ago. It was amazing.... relaxing, fancy, fun and quiet! It was weird not having our girls around, and we missed them like crazy!!! I got all my crying over with on the plane ride down, the girls were happy at home with their grandma's. In the end, I was really glad we went. Who doesn't want to be pampered and pretend like they're rich at a resort on the beach?
Next up came Dave's Graduation on Friday. It was fun to go to the Commencement and Convocation and CELEBRATE! It's sort of anti-climatic though, he still has 3 classes to take this summer. The speaker at Graduation was Mitch Album (author of Tuesdays with Morrie) and he gave an amazing talk.
Last of all-- we celebrated Mother's Day! I got to sleep in and was treated to breakfast in bed. We celebrated with both sides of our families. On Saturday we had a get together at a park with all the Baumans. We had a breakfast feast, complete with Breakfast Trifle. Yum....
On Sunday we ate dinner with the Shields Family. We had an amazing Southern Feast! (My mom is from Georgia...) Fried Chicken, lima beans, potato salad, collard greens, biscuits, fresh juice and more.... Why do I feel like I need to write about all the things we eat? Hmm.. I'm a total food junkie. Anyway, it was a little crazy with everyone there and I was a total slacker with the picture taking. Next time...





5 comments:
Your trip looks amazing! I am so jealous you got to play at the beach. Cute pics.
Looks like a fabulous vacation! Thanks for including the food in your post (that breakfast trifle looks fantastic!), I love hearing and talking about food. I think it's in our genes!
How fun that you got a vacation with just the 2 of you ... it's always hard to leave the kiddos, but a much needed break sometimes.
I am jealous of the vacation. Was it hard to leave the girls? I haven't done it yet, but Blake and I do want to get away.
That resort looks heavenly!! oh and so does that breakfast trifle. I haven't see n that before, but I am sure I will see it again!!!
Post a Comment