Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Blessing Day

Consider her blessed! Dave did a fabulous job blessing Allison on Sunday. It was beautiful. He was very thoughtful,  and he spoke loud and clear so all our sweet grandma's could hear! After church, we spent an enjoyable afternoon having a family dinner with 40+ guests in our home. It was a miracle we all fit!
 Allison wore Rebecca's Blessing Dress and Bonnet that were made by some of our family friends. Isn't she adorable?
The day went nearly perfect.... only one small problem. Allison had her first and only "blow-out" about 30  seconds before it was time to get blessed. (not pictured.... lucky for you!) It soaked through her bottom layers during the blessing and  reached  her dress before I could get her changed. Off to the dry cleaners!  




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

such a great day and there was plenty of room for all those people and more. i never got to use the fancy bathroom though....next time.

also, post those pics on turner on picasa please....i want to use them! gracias hermana.

dannyhaley said...

What a great day and a fun party. I love your house, it turned out so nice! Allison was so perfect all day, besides the blowout! HA, I did that on blessing day too! Love the new blog header.

Matt and Becca said...

SO sweet! I can't wait to meet her!! Hope things are going well. You look awesome, Monica!

Young People in Love said...

oh my goodness! How do you know Jeremy Housekeeper???? (I think that's his last name??)

He was totally an intern at UNI in our department! Crazy.

Jessica F. said...

She is so beautiful Monica. What a lovely day with for your family.

candace said...

that first picture is too sweet! I love it. Maybe Allison was just nervous for the big day?? ha ha!

Amy said...

Wow, Monica, that's probably the worst possible thing that could happen for a baby blessing (other than a tornado blowing your house away, right?) And you made it through, good job! Allison is such a sweetie, who would have thought she'd try to ruin her big day!! JK