In all my anticipation to type my first ever "status update" on facebook, this is what I write....
" Monica Shields Bauman: Just finished Mockingbird... AHHHH!! Who's finished? Can we talk? on Wednesday"
Mockingbird? Seriously Monica!
The second Natalie finished the book, we took a long walk all through my neighborhood to discuss Mockingjay. We couldn't stay at home because Dave hasn't read it yet. (although he has been sleepwalking bow and arrow scenes... it's a little creepy!) I was dying to talk to someone about it . After so much anticipation for book 3, where do I turn now? What do I have to look forward to? Are there any series of books that will get me as hooked as these? I guess we'll have to hunker down, live with the way it all ended and wait for the movie to come out!
Who's in for a one-time only book club to sit and discuss Mockingjay?
In the meantime... click on this link to see my friend Jamie's prediction for the Hunger Games Movie Cast. I love her Haymitch, Cinna, Prim and Rue.

7 comments:
I hope you are coming camping on Friday. We have a lot of talking to do. I loved Mockingjay and would love to explore all it's elements. I loves Jamie's predictions, however, I would switch Peeta and Gale. I imagine Peeta to be more baby faced and Gale to be more manly.
I am half way through but I LOVED your FB update. I have a hard time cruising through the last book in a series (I learned the hard way with Harry Potter). I will be anxious to chat when I finish.
I am still waiting for mine to come in the mail. If it isn't here tomorrow I may have to go buy it and just return the other. I am dying! Today I would look outside every hour just in case I missed the knock.
I guess I better start reading these books, everyone has been talking about them. And if they are making a movie about them, I really better get reading!
I'm up for a discussion! Well, I need to read it first...but that'll be taken care of in no time. Just say when and where!
I finally was able to sit down and finish it last night. AHHH! Braden hasn't read it yet and I'm dying to talk to someone about it!
Monica! I would totally discuss it in a one time book group. I'm glad others are as anxious to talk about it as me.
Post a Comment